Business Unit: Project & Structured Finance Debt - Americas
Requisition Number: 248319
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
The SFS Inc Project Structured – Americas (PS-AM) Training Analyst Rotational program will offer you an opportunity to develop a sound foundation of finance and marketing skills through the combination of formal training sessions and practical live deal execution over a two year period. You will receive professional training across a variety of related subject areas designed to maximize long-term success across all aspects of marketing within a financial services company.
As an Analyst, you will:
- Receive professional training across subject areas chosen to maximize long-term lending career success, including training for marketing research tools, financial credit & risk analysis, legal documentation, financial modeling, workouts and bankruptcy, technical writing, negotiations, and other advanced topics
- Allocate approximately 75% of time working on external marketing research, data analytics, reporting utilizing Tableau or similar type visualization tools; marketing and industry analysis within a financial services company; 25% of time within the year involved in professional training.
- Learn how the various markets for PS-AM operate and how/where Siemens Financial Services operates in these markets
- Complete ad-hoc projects related to business development, strategic topics, digitalization initiatives and market intelligence portal.
- Complete a group research project focused on a chosen strategic development topic during the last half year of the program
- Develop finance and comparative analysis skills; research companies, markets, and industries
- Assist marketing intelligence lead with monitoring industry news and trends for the purpose of data analytics, building reports and distribution market data via the intelligence portal.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strong computer proficiency, including proficiency with Word, Excel, ThinkCell and PowerPoint. Preferred experience with cloud based tools such as Tableau.
- Proficiency using the Internet and other resources to gather research and diligence materials
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable self- starter, ability to work independently
- BS/BA in Marketing or Finance
- Up to two years of experience in marketing or financial roles
- Willingness to travel domestically in support of business opportunities and training
- Solid analytical, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and possess solid organizational skills
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment
- Ability to operate in a time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus
- High degree of willingness to learn, flexibility, energy, and initiative