Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 248341
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Process Industries and Drives
Greater reliability, safety, and efficiency – through innovative, integrated technology and expertise
As your trusted partner, the Process Industries and Drives Division can support you in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of your products, processes and plants. We can thus help you measurably increase your productivity and improve your time-to-market – with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle.
Around the world, we provide future-proof automation, drive technology, industrial software, and services based on best-in-class technology platforms like Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) or Integrated Drive Systems (IDS). We work in close partnership with you to develop sustainable solutions across the entire lifecycle – from design and engineering to modernization. We rely on standardized components wherever possible, complementing these with industry-specific solutions to meet customers’ specific needs in all industry segments. This enables us to guarantee the availability of your products, systems, and solutions over the long term. And with our strong focus on resource efficiency, we contribute to environmental sustainability in every application.
The process industry is one of the core businesses of Siemens. Countless applications, installed throughout a wide variety of industries, demonstrate our expertise. But even more important is the value we add for our customers, enabling them to increase their productivity in every part of the value chain. With our precise knowledge of the different market segments, we can help you respond faster and more specifically to new market requirements and developments, and thus strengthen your competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Are you interested in working with us as an Electrical Test Technician?
We need your help to shape the future through electrical engineering. We are hiring hardworking individuals who can work under close supervision on our manufacturing site. We offer an opportunity to test variable frequency drives, sub-assemblies, various components and equipment. In the position you will report directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor onsite. Can you help us build a better tomorrow?
- Assisting the Tech II and Tech III with connection and energizing of final product with low, medium, and high voltage.
- Evaluate and test System Operating Programs to defined Test Plans.
- Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Test, repair, and perform required maintenance of electrical distribution systems.
- Perform wiring, cable prepping, and assembling as per the wiring diagrams. Read and understand all related drawings including, but not limited to, assembly drawings, bill of material, test procedures and troubleshoot from schematics.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations. Adhere to all safety policies and utilize all PPE.
- Actively participates in Safety and Lean initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
- Test equipment knowledge specifically, OHM meters, O’scopes, HI Potter, DMM, and Clamp-on CT's.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities from Engineered drawings, blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to perform Electro-Mechanical Technician responsibilities.
- Minimum of one year mechanical, electrical or related experience preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm