Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 248345
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Technical Training Specialist
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experience specialists and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So, what are you waiting for? Take your career step with us.
Siemens Gas and Power is seeking an experienced, self-driven Trainer. As a member of the TECC team, you will be responsible to schedule and perform individual and group technical and foundational training courses and activities for employees.
Your specific duties will include:
• Create and execute strategic training plans, utilizing blended learning solutions, for Grid Solutions programs and projects
• Collaborate with project and business subject matter experts to develop new training content or revise existing training content for system-based technology training
• Create training content utilizing various techniques, such as PowerPoint presentations, Facilitator and
• Participant Guides, eLearning courses, videos, simulations, etc.
• Facilitate and deliver Instructor Led Training (ILT) courses/classes to impacted stakeholders, including executing pre and post-training communications and activities, and managing class logistics
• Ensure alternative training techniques (eLearning, Video- Conferencing, etc.) are delivered efficiently and effectively
• Utilize the Learning Management System (LMS) to record and archive attendee attendance, completion of training and provide reporting
• Ability to adapt/respond in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused IT environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
Ability to adapt/respond in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
As a TRAINING SPECIALIST you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
• Two-year degree from an accredited college/technical school with business degree/related major
AND 2 years of training and development experience or 6 years of training and development experience in lieu of any degree
• Proficiency in communication (oral and written)
• Strong collaboration skills
• Virtual training experience
• Ability to travel 15%
• Four-year degree from an accredited college
• Education specific courses in training and development (i.e. Addie methodology)
• E-learning development experience
• Licenses and/or certifications in the Training and Development fields (i.e. ASTD, CPLP, Certified Training Courses, etc.)
Highly desired skills:
• Technical background
• Thrives in a face-paced environment
• Experienced in all aspects of training development from A-Z (analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation)
• Extensive experience in developing training development and delivery plans
• Needs to be a self-starter and takes initiative
• Enjoys a challenge
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.