Business Unit: Digital Services
Requisition Number: 248347
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Software Developer.
syngo Dynamics Cardiology image review and reporting
The Cardiology team of Siemens Healthcare has an opening for a software engineer in the area of image reading and reporting. The cardiology team delivers trend-setting cardiology software applications for medical image analysis and reporting used worldwide by cardiologists and other medical professionals. Our syngo Dynamics product is in use at 4 of the top 5 cardiology hospitals in the US as ranked by the recent US News & world report.
are my responsibilities?
Participate in team based software development. Conduct full range of software engineering tasks including architectural analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation for an enterprise medical image analysis and reporting solution.
Activities to be performed include:
• Collaborate with stakeholders to implement content in agile environment
• Assist in the coordination of development activities across teams and projects
• Requirements analysis and design of software solutions
• Identify IT trends and make technical recommendations for the product line.
• Implementation of features and delivering solutions in accordance with customer feedback
• Identification and implementation of automated tests to ensure no unintended side effects
• Ensuring a green continuous integration via our software configuration management system
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Qualification: BS in Computer Science or other relevant Engineering Degree, MS preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of work experience in Software Design & Development.
• Design and development experience in C#/.NET and C++
• Development experience in WPF
• Design and development experience with SOA and WCF
• Knowledge and working experience in TFS
• Ability to work with multi-site global teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in high performance user interaction, data / DB manipulation, and/or document handling
• Experience in DICOM display and visualization of 2D/3D/4D medical images (cross-modality)
• Experience in HL7 and exchanging data in a hospital environment
• Knowledge and experience in implementation of advanced medical image processing functionalities
• Good understanding of SDLC, OOAD, UML and software design.
• Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g. Nunit)
• Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Programming
• Strong debugging and trouble shooting skills.
• Good understanding of Web standards, CSS-Based design, cross-browser compatibility
• Exposure to static analysis tooling such as FxCop & source monitor is a benefit
• Exposure to FHIR is a benefit