Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 248385
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Sub-Assembly Technician where you will be responsible for the fabrication of sub-assemblies used in chromatographs and/or Systems Integration (SI) projects. As a Sub-Assembler you will work from engineering drawings, sketches, and blueprints to produce the completed product to customer specifications. You will be tasked to develop a methodical construction approach requiring considerable originality, judgment, and technical skill and utilizes specialized tools to perform complex assembly operations. In addition, in this role you will determine the most effective routing and placement of electrical, electro-mechanical, and mechanical piping, and constructs the sub-assemblies accordingly.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Work performed standing up to 90% of the day.
- Tasks include climbing ladders and some lifting above your head.
- 1 – 2 years of mechanical assembly and sub-assembly experience required.
- Read blue prints and engineering drawings.
Your responsibilities will include.
- Follow Engineering Drawings and Manufacturing Work Instructions
- Install wiring, terminate wire connections, and assemble electronic components into specified sub-assemblies
- Use hand tools, specialized tools, vices, and fixturing to complete sub-assemblies
- May function as work cell leader, and may check work of other Assemblers
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.