Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 248413
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Mechanic in our Painted Post, NY facility. In this position you will diagnose, plan, layout and perform all bench, floor, machine, and electrical operations to repair and/or maintain in a good state of repair a wide variety of complicated machine tools, machinery, mechanical, and control equipment. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire and assigned to work on 2nd shift.
What are your responsibilities?
- Check, adjust and maintain alignment of machine tools and equipment.
- Determine cause of trouble by examining for defects in operation, using own senses and a variety of mechanical and electrical means.
- Tear down machines, dismantling wholly or partially to check for defects-using a variety of hand and power tools, including hoist and floor operated crane to remove defective parts.
- Obtain or order replacement parts and repair or produce replacements as necessary.
- Perform all required lubrication on a regular assigned schedule basis, clean interior, making all necessary adjustments to insure safe, efficient operation after making repairs or replacements before reassembling components.
- Setup and operate a variety of machines, such as lathes, drills, shapers, boring machines, etc., to aid in affixing special attachments-such as dogs, profiling devices, angle heads, etc., and running repaired machine or equipment on trial.
- Direct, assist, and instruct others in the same.
Your other responsibilities will include.
- Perform operations required to lift, move, transport, and position any maintenance material, equipment or people. Operate fork truck, electric carts and other motorized vehicles as required to perform tasks as related to maintenance.
- Be proficient in electrical and basic electronic theory. Possess a working knowledge of related fields. Involves disconnecting and reconnecting various electrical items to permit mechanical repair. Items include but not limited to motors, relays, switches, conductors, etc.
- Rigging as necessary to permit mechanical repair. Includes but not limited to shafts, motors, tables, columns, etc.
- Will involve use of torch to heat parts, torch off bolts, brackets, other misc items in pursuit of mechanical repair. Perform brazing, soldering and welding (both gas and electric) as needed to complete the mechanical repair.
- Perform pipefitting work as needed to complete mechanical repair. Will involve threading of pipe, using and installing hose clamps on rubber hoses. Work will be related to machine tools or assets that mechanics do mechanical work on. Will involve but not limited to air lines, coolant lines, hydraulic lines, oil lines, etc.
- Involve working in stores, putting materials away, proper assignment of material to a works order, and keeping stores area neat and orderly. Actively participate on stores control and control of expense of stores items.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma or GED
- Relative mechanical work experience
- Ability to lift 25lbs safely
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and convert all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.