Business Unit: Technology, Innovation
Requisition Number: 248434
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The User Experience Group (UEX) at Siemens Healthineers in Princeton, NJ consults for and supports worldwide Siemens business units and their products and processes by providing research, engineering, design, and implementation services focused on software and hardware user interfaces and the accompanying spectrum of usability applications. They also work with the US Government and partners with leading universities on advanced-horizon projects.
We presently seek candidates for an immediately available interface design / interaction design / visual design position. This position is part of the User Experience Team and is responsible for creating design solutions for product, system, and web applications in a wide variety of Siemens business areas within the field of healthcare. Additionally, this position will include tasks related to user requirements elicitation, workflow analysis, information architecture, interaction concept development, and prototype development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong design portfolio, and is expected to have specific experience designing software user interfaces following the user centered design process and methods from user research to UI concept, wireframes, visual design, and prototyping. Strong proficiency in verbal, written, and presentation communication, as well as demonstrated success working in a multi-disciplinary team, is required. Senior-level position will be considered for the exceptionally-qualified and experienced candidates.
This is a role well
suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As a UX Designer you will be responsible for:
- Conduct user research and workflow studies to understand and articulate design requirements.
- Develop design concepts to meet the design requirements.
- Create low/high fidelity prototypes of concepts that can be tested with users.
- Refine concepts till they meet the user needs and design requirements.
- Deliver final visual and interaction designs for Siemens products.
- Present design solutions and project deliverables to collaborator and clients teams professionally.
- Write style guides capturing all design elements for proper life cycle management.
- Support the definition of project goals, requirements, processes, deliverables, and timelines
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team including experts in cognitive psychology, interaction design, human factors engineering, and computer science.
- Follow up latest design and technology trends and share the knowledge among the team.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BA/MA/MFA in design or HCI
- 2-5 years of experience in a user experience consulting environment is preferred, but recent graduates with applicable internship experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience developing software interfaces using Adobe Suite tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash).
- Ability to work creatively while following Siemens brand guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English are required.
- Additional languages a plus.
- Travel (15%).
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.