Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 248465
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
As the Area Sales Manager, you will be responsible for development and execution of an annual Territory Plan, Management and deployment of selling resources within Territory, Opportunity Management Tracking/Forecasting, Competitive Awareness, Won/Loss Reporting, Define/Communicate Client Needs/Market Conditions. In addition, you will remain current with industry/market and the technology/ D-R solutions that effect clients industry.
- High School Diploma
- 8 years of experience sales in rotating equipment industry
- Strong client relationship building at all levels
- Display excellent listening skills, and maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity.
- Possess good organization skills including time management, good file and record organization and report writing.
- Proven ability to close business opportunities
- Travel 50% in the territory of major accounts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must be a team-oriented employee, and self-starter.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of outside sales experience directly in the rotating equipment market may be substituted in lieu of requisite education requirements.
- Knowledge of turbo/reciprocating/steam applications and aero/thermo performance
- Prior experience in dealing with Fortune 200 refineries and petrochemical facilities in the Corpus Christi area in a sales capacity.
- Prior experience working in a highly-matrixed organization.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.