Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 248476
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Project Manager - Aeroderivative Gas Turbines
The position can also be based in Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX
This Siemens Power Generation Services unit serves the global other OEM equipment market, in the growing Aeroderivative market of General Electric Turbines LM2500 and LM6000 equipment. This position is not your typical PM position – and will require someone who is willing and able to innovate for customer satisfaction as we navigate this new market.
This position is for a highly experienced Project manager who will be responsible for performing Project Management for global other OEM projects. The candidate will have full ownership of budget, schedule management for this Product Line, and will be the primary liaison between the PCC and the Regional Project Manager for field service, component inspection, engineering analysis and overhaul. Goal is to achieve excellence in project execution to continue building the identity of Siemens in this market. The ultimate goal is for customer satisfaction for project execution, and to develop the application of the PM@Siemens process application as it suits this lean-cultured team.
The PM will be responsible for all facets of all external facing Customer Projects, which include:
• Budget Ownership: Planned vs. forecast vs. Actuals / EBIT
• Schedule development and execution
• Global logistics
• Work with Export / Import team at Siemens
• Participate in PM020 to support Sales in Bid preparation of PM working hours per project estimate
• Main interface with Sales for all PM080 Handover meetings
• Primary customer interface for all technical related question – (this knowledge can be learned.)
• Work closely with other ATS team members to represent their function, needs, and requirements for execution to the internal and external customer
• Upsell of business opportunities during project execution
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Minimum of 8+ years of directly related experience.
• Experience with Turbomachinery is nice to have
• Excellent and professional communication skills both written and oral.
o This includes the ability to hold difficult discussions with customers to protect company interests.
o Needed for use in relationship building especially in for use building and maintaining excellent relationships within Siemens’ global PS Regions
• Basic commercial knowledge to understand contract deliverables and identify items or work that falls outside these boundaries so additional funding from the customer can be pursued.
• Ability to multitask and manage large workloads and business demands
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of customer focus and quality
• Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
• PM@Siemens, PM certification or PMI certification
• Relocation assistance provided.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Previous training / certification on Siemens or Dresser Rand products.
• Previous sales / client facing experience.
• PM@Siemens or PMI certification
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.