Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 248489
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is a market leader in the manufacture of light rail, locomotive and passenger coach vehicles. This leadership position is in the Quality Assurance Department of our Sacramento, California facility. The position is solely responsible for leading and mentoring a team of ~20 inspectors focused on quality assurance activities in the finishing and assembly production processes, including inspections and competency development. Frequent customer interactions are required via direct and electronic media. This position will work directly for the Facility Quality Assurance Manager who reports to the Vice President of Operations and Director of Quality Management.
Manage quality assurance activities in finising and assembly departments (light rail, locomotive, passenger coach, and bogie weld.
- Ensure all inspections are correctly documented and reported.
- Analyze inspection data to identify root causes for weld defects and work with engineers and experts to define best practices to reduce the number of defects.
- Develop and implement improved inspection processes and techniques to drive efficiency and consistency in inspection results.
- Assignment and coordination of inspection resources daily to support production schedules, and takt times in multiple weld departments.
- Forward resource planning to ensure inspection resources are in place to support future production demand.
- Hire and develop inspection staff.
- Drive development of workmanship standards training and competency for production work force.
- Ensure accurate time reporting weld inspection staff.
- Interface with customer Resident Inspectors on a frequent basis.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: High school minimum, AA or 4-year degree desired
- In depth knowledge of workmanship standards used in finishing and assembly operations.
- Strong experience in quality inspection of major capital equipment.
- 10 years of related experience, with 5 years in leadership positions.
- Experience with modern quality assurance tools and techniques.
- Strong understanding of, and ability to work with, quality assurance concepts and systems.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Amount of travel with the position: Limited, 10%