Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 248491
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as an Engine Lathe Operator at our Olean, NY facility. In this position you will plan set up and operate engine lathe on a variety of close tolerance work involving thin sections and extremely fine finishes. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire where you will be assigned to work on 2nd shift
What are your responsibilities?
- Set up and operate an engine lathe to perform a variety of close tolerance machining operations including varied threading, on parts such as: thrust bearing shoes, end cover labyrinths, expander hub and shafts, centrifugal adapter, repair and re-machine work labyrinth seals, etc.
- Set up requires changing chuck jaws, jigs, or centers. Select and install required tools and tool holders.
- Use jib hoist.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP)
is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving
demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies
across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive
portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system
operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services
address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as
power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power
transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more
than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a
presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of
today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.