Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 248495
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as an CNC Turret Lathe Machine Operator at our Olean, NY facility. In this position you will operate an electronic engine lathe to perform a variety of threading, turning, boring, facing and grooving, etc., operations on component parts for turbines, compressors, etc., and to utilize all features of the machine control. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire where you will be assigned to work on 2nd shift
What are your responsibilities?
- Setup and operate a CNC controlled lathe to perform a variety of threading, turning, boring, facing and grooving operations.
- Setup involves changing, installing and adjusting tools, setting stops, feeds, and speeds, inserting tape, and positioning and aligning parts.
- Locate starting point and override tape or program as required.
- Read and interpret programs. Input and edit data when required. Download and run programs from the network.
- Utilize all features of the machine control.
- Save machining sequences to the network using defined procedures.
- Manually perform various turning, boring, facing, etc., operations as required.
- Check parts with measuring devices as required for tolerances and finishes. Submit first piece for inspection as required.
- Use jib hoist to load and unload machine as required.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.