Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 248496
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as an CNC Planner Mill Operator at our Olean, NY facility. In this position you will setup and operate a computer numerically controlled planer type mill to perform milling, boring, facing, turning, drilling, reaming, tapping, chamfering, etc., machining operations on component parts for turbines, compressors, etc. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire where you will be assigned to work on 2nd shift
What are your responsibilities?
- Setup and operate a numerically controlled planer type mill to perform milling, boring, facing, turning, drilling, reaming, tapping, etc., operations on component parts for turbines, compressors, etc.
- Setup involves positioning and aligning part, aligning clamps and jacks, setting tooling, inserting tool holders, establishing starting point, adjusting feeds and speeds when necessary, and down loading correct NC programs.
- Input and edit data when required.
- Make set ups concurrent to machining cycle.
- Layout as required to insure sufficient stock for machining.
- Check part with measuring devices to assure that tolerances and finishes meet engineering and quality standards; record and report deviations to supervision as required.
- Use jib crane or radio controlled crane and hooks to load and unload heavy parts or equipment and to move from one area in the shop to machine or from machine to other areas in the shop.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.