Business Unit: Operations
Requisition Number: 248526
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
The Credit & Collection Department provides analysis on the creditworthiness of Siemens Energy’s customers to handle the credit amount requested, to determine if payment can be made for goods and services provided and invoiced for or to mitigate the credit risk for doing business with those customers to reduce or eliminate the risk of non-payment for same. Our team is also responsible to collect Siemens Energy’s Accounts Receivable in a timely fashion while providing that service in a cooperative customer service environment. It is our responsibility to report the status and trends on each business unit's Accounts Receivables to the management of those BU’s (business unit).
The department reports through the Global Shared Services group in the Business Administrative Service Section. It supports the activities of Siemens Energy, Inc.
This position is to provide credit & collection actions to protect Siemens assets in determining how much credit to advance individual customers after proper analysis has been performed on each and to provide the corporation with liquidity via collection of its accounts receivable and convert them to cash.
- Manages and collects assigned AR portfolio across multiple business units
- Research and reconcile customer accounts.
- Complete routine collection calls to determine payment status of accounts, ensuring timely payment of receivables and resolution of customer issues preventing payment.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners and customers in order to deliver best total customer experience.
- Understand customer infrastructure, processes, and identify appropriate contacts in order to successfully address customer issues impacting payment performance.
- Identifying at risk customers to manager.
- Escalate issues to appropriate internal management level (Sales, Finance, Project Manager, Order Entry).
- Identify and document customer disputes.
- Identify root causes of delinquency.
BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance
2+ years of business corporate collection experience
Knowledge of billing and collection procedures
Solutions oriented with strong initiative
Team player with ability to share knowledge
Ability to work with deadlines, prioritization and organization of workload
Intermediate Excel skills
Highly customer service oriented