Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 248571
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Energy in Charlotte is the North American hub, producing all three main power-producing products used by central station power producers (Generators, Steam Turbines and Gas Turbines) and industrial turboset main components.
Manufacturing is an integral part of the Siemens Energy Charlotte facility. The Steam Turbine Manufacturing Engineering department is seeking a technical, proactive person to join the team as an Industrial Manufacturing Engineer for Steam Turbine plant.
- Responsible for figuring out most effective ways to build a product or service. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
- Review drawings, Understand product / service scope and requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements predominantly medium-sized components on multi-axis milling machines, turning machines, and assembly.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis
- Define inspections during manufacturing according to the critical to quality features that needs to be monitored.
- Outline most viable working center to manufacture a specific part or feature
- Resolve production problems
- Estimate production costs
- Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment
- Study and rearrange org charts, material flow, and operations sequence
- Review production schedules
- Associates Degree
- 5-8 years’ experience with Heavy Equipment Manufacturing Environment
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to solve issues as they arise
- Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse team
- Ability to lead / interact with teams to obtain consensus in developing processes and standardizing manufacturing information flow.
- CAD knowledge
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Experience with former tools milling
- Project management or team leadership experience with demonstrated delivery of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
- Facility and Maintenance interfaces and experienced in the aspects of Preventative Maintenance
- Experience in developing cost quotations, return on investment analysis, and skills to perform fundamental tasks of business administrations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.