Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 248574
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Mechanic where you will be responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, inspection and reassembly of rotating equipment such as centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, and reciprocating compressors. You will work as part of a team within a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or beat customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of the company's commitment to being the industry’s Premier Service Provider to our clients. You will be assigned to work on either 1st or 2nd shift at our Horsham, PA facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Unit disassembly, cleaning, and inspection including the accurate collection and recording of technical inspection data for equipment repair proposals.
- Maintaining clear and concise daily work records.
- Use of basic problem solving skills in terms of gathering facts, analyzing the cause and selecting the best most accurate solution.
- Maintenance of shop equipment and regular daily shop housekeeping to ensure an organized and safe working environment.
- Responsible for following of all safe work practices, safety and quality policies and procedures during normal daily operations
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- The ability to routinely lift at least 25 pounds, as required to perform essential functions of the position, for up to eight hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically, as required to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manufacturing drawings, shop sketches and equipment repair manuals and procedures.
- Proficient use of common precision measuring instruments (mic's, gauges, and etc.)Working knowledge of reciprocating and rotating machines
- Good reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- A valid driver’s license.
- Personal tooling and measuring instruments required for general machine shop use.
- Basic computer and word processing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.