Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 248584
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
This position is primarily the maintenance of large size crystal growing furnaces, and associated equipment required for their operation with/without documentation. This position is also accountable for other maintenance activities in the production area.
• This role is responsible mainly for mechanical maintenance.
• Must be able to work with and without prints.
• This position also requires innovation (coming up with solutions when necessity requires it) and minor custom fabrication.
• Reforming precious metals.
• Disassembly and reassembly of vacuum furnaces refractory.
• Use helium leak checker to identify vacuum leaks.
• Mechanically maintaining of large size crystal growing furnaces.
• Performing maintenance and cleaning of equipment related to our processes.
• Performing equipment maintenance and repair in and on special environmentally controlled room when required.
• Support work process on weekends, holidays, and work overtime during regular workweek when required.
• Maintaining cleanness in work place.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• HS diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
• 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
* Strong mechanical troubleshooting skills
• Some travel to vendors may be required (local only).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Milling, Machining, and Welding experience would be considered a plus.
• Works well alone and alongside engineering team.
• Ability to effectively work in a small team environment as well as individually with minimal guidance or instruction.