Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 248597
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
As the Commissioning Industrial Engineer, you will work on an experienced team of technicians, engineers, group leads and managers in an exciting environment on next generation Siemens Rolling Stock. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the United States. You will be responsible for optimizing the complex commissioning processes, systems, and tools in order to maximize the overall quality of the finished product.
- Defining key testing work steps, sequences, and durations and setting up work scope per station or per cell basis
- Preparing future test area layouts to meet project schedules.
- Preparing Standardized work instructions.
- Providing critical process control guidance to the commissioning department, production, and quality control to improve the quality of our products and schedule adherence of our programs.
- Coordinating and communicating technical information to and from all levels of the organization including vendors, project managers, commissioning team members, and operations managers
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Developing department procedures to improve business and engineering transactions
- Respond and resolve issues at the root cause for running production including reviewing dimensional accuracy, quality, time, space, and tools in an already running production line .
- Ensuring that adequate time, space, and infrastructure is in place in place in anticipation for new project or product launch and taking the lead on major topics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Minimum 2 years experiences in relevant field
- Working knowledge of electrical schematics, crimping and crimp contacts, wire pulling machines, wire printing machines, electrical racks and cabinet, .and complex harnessing.
- Practical knowledge of the lean toolbox and ability to utilize lean principles to reduce waste. · A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS or advanced degree (or foreign equivalent) in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on production, manufacturing, and logisticsWork experience in the rail business, preferably in light rail, heavy rail, or related production, is needed.
- Practical experience utilizing and implementing lean methods and tools such as 5s, 7 Types of Waste, 8-Step Practical Problem Solving (root cause analysis), Yamazumi Methods, Flow, Total Flow, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping and Design / Process Flow Diagrams, ABC-XYZ Analysis, and Lean Shop Floor Management Model.