Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 248598
Primary Location: United States-New York-Syracuse
Other Locations: United States-New York-Latham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an Account Executive to sell Fire Alarm Solutions and Services directly to end-users, electrical contractors, and indirectly through architecture and engineering firms throughout the Syracuse and Albany markets. This role reports to the Syracuse Branch Manager. We are seeking a professional skilled in our industry, a proven Fire sales consultant with existing relationships in the local market and a proven track record of success in Fire Alarm System Sales.
• Achieving growth and system objectives and volume projections for Fire Alarm sales.
• Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic and/or vertical market.
• Develops high quality best total solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
• Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships at customer accounts.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
• Identifies other key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
• Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales
• Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies.
• Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
• Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
• Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
• Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Collaborates with other sales team members for packaged turnkey projects involving Building Management Systems, Security Systems, Lighting Controls and other products in the Siemens portfolio.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred, however a High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement and would be considered along with a combination of experience.
• Required experience: At least three years of experience in the field of Fire Alarm Systems required.
• In-depth Fire Alarm Systems product and consulting solutions knowledge with strong technical and financial skills preferred.
• Excellent English verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
• Required travel: 20%
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
• Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record to participate in Siemens’ vehicle reimbursement plan.