Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 248619
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
- Partner with managers to develop and implement performance management and employee development programs.
- Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success.
- Administer, monitor, coordinate, maintain and ensure compliance with areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs as well as all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Conduct or participate on special investigations, studies, projects and other HR initiatives as needed to meet overall company and department strategic goals and initiatives.
- As required, lead or participate on project teams to develop new policies, programs or tools within the company.
- Anticipate Opportunities
- Influence the thought process
- Be Active/Catalyst for change
- Articulate/Demonstrate Business Expertise
- Take/Utilize the seat at the table
- Act with a sense of urgency on key topics/initiatives
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resources generalist experience in manufacturing environment, demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, labor relations, performance management, and management consultation.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
- Ability to successful drive change in the organization
- Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to research and analyze information
- Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Prior experience working in a matrixed environment a plus.