Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 248654
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Grand Prairie is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with ProE experience to assist with their growing plant. You will support the planning of detailed product development objectives as well as prepare of sketches, design layouts and other specifications. Supporting the team in review of results to determine that products perform in the intended manner and while participating in preparing semi-complex prototypes for testing and you will provide technical assistance on design feasibility. The role also assists in standardizing materials, components and assemblies. In addition you will maintain detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs and basic improvements. Lastly you will support in documenting product issues for future and problem resolution.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
· Assists in preparing recommendations for the design and development of new products or changes in existing products.
· Assists in the planning of detailed product development objectives.
· Participates in the preparation of sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
· Participating in the review of results to determine that such products perform in the intended manner.
· Prepares prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility.
· Assists in standardizing materials, components and assemblies to minimize the items procured, manufactured and inventoried.
· Learns product engineering basics while assisting in the development of new and improved products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. B.S. Mechanical Engineering.
2. 3-5 years’ experience with ProE/Creo.
3. Product Development or design experience.
4. Strong work ethic with a focus on exceeding customer expectations.
5. Effective verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
6. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
7. Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
8. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
9. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. PowerPanel/Switchboard/Switchgear (or similar products application or design experience)
2. Electrical schematics understanding
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.