Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 248688
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Technical Training Specialist
If you have ever experienced the self-pride and heart-felt satisfaction when you provided knowledge or know-how to someone who has struggled to understand a concept and the lights finally come on - you are the person we are looking for! As a Siemens Plant Operations and Support Technical Trainer, you will have the opportunity to work with plant operators from around the world to give them the knowledge and know-how to operate Siemens power generation equipment.
• Participate in the development and presentation of site-specific customer operator training programs for gas turbine projects in open or combined cycle, large steam turbine, conventional coal power plants and coal-gasification projects.
• Participate in the development of site-specific Operating Procedures for gas turbine projects in open or combined cycle, large steam turbine, conventional coal power plants and coal-gasification projects.
• Participate in the development and presentation of simulator training programs for customer's personnel and internal personnel.
• Participate in the development and presentation of custom training programs for specific applications to meet the needs of the customer and internal personnel.
• Participate as advisor and mentor on operational issues for power plants.
• Ensure training programs are developed and executed to meet the needs of the customer while staying within time and budget requirements.
• Ability to conduct detailed research, collect and organize drawings and information to prepare training programs.
• Frequent travel to field assignments (international and domestic) of various duration.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as instructor teaching technical curriculum
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in power plant operations and maintenance
• Strong mechanical, electrical and I&C knowledge associated with power plant equipment
• DCS Controls systems knowledge is preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills with focus on ability to understanding customer needs and meet them
• Fluent with speaking and writing in English (technically and conversationally)
• This position may require approximately 40% travel.
• Passport and ability to travel internationally required.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.