Description du poste
The Journeyman machinist will utilize manual lathes, mills, and grinders to fabricate and repair various components of D-R and non D-R reciprocating and rotating compressors. Ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or surpass all customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Dresser-Rand’s commitment to being the industry’s premier service provider to our clients.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of job related experience or completion of Basic Machining Technical Training
- Ability and knowledge with utilizing standard inspection and precision measurement instruments.
- Must possess experience in the reading of equipment drawings and possess basic math skills.
- Provide personal tooling and measuring instruments required for general machine shop use.
- Above average written & verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare factual job reports and/or sketches of work performed.
- Experience with Horizontal boring machines and cylindrical grinders
- Basic computer and software skills. (MS Word and Excel) a plus
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide knowledge and varied manual machining capabilities utilizing general machining and safe work practices.
- Machining of new or repaired machinery components (Including detailed set ups and machining maintaining tolerances up to .0005”)
- Performs minor mechanical and assembly work.
- Keeps equipment, tooling, and work area clean, orderly and secure.
- Prepare factual job reports and/or sketches of work performed
- Operate multiple manual machine tools including but not limited to standard lathes, mills and surface grinders
- Strong familiarization with all common industry safety practices and procedures.
- Utilization of proper PPE during all phases of machining operations.
- Must have the ability to use precision measuring instruments to 0.001" and simple hand tools.
- Ability to set-up and operate manual machine tools including Drill Press, Lathe, Mill, HBM, VBM & Surface Grinder.
- Ability to select proper cutting tools and parameters for various material alloys.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
- Ability to add and subtract all units of measure including time, volume, weight and distance.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to use measuring instruments and simple hand tools
- Ability to routinely lift at least 25 pounds, as required to perform essential functions of the position, for up to eight hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically, as required to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prior experience with Dresser-Rand and non-nameplate rotating and reciprocating equipment (centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, and reciprocating compressors for the oil/gas industry)
Référence du poste: 254651
Secteur: Power Generation Services
Niveau d'expérience: Expérimenté
Temps plein uniquement