Senior Project Engineer Energy Management
For our Division “Energy Management” Business Unit “Transmission Solution” in Milano via Vipiteno, we are looking for a Senior Project Engineer for Electrical Engineering. The candidate, reporting to the Head of Engineering Officer, will be responsible for securing of high quality integration ability of internally and externally manufactured engineering.
What are my responsibilities?
- Arrangement and design of primary engineering of high voltage substation:
• Layout and configuration of high voltage substations in conventional AIS & GIS configuration in turn key projects;
• Work on /approve and release drawings for execution at sites, and finally manage execution of “as built” drawings for customers. (Example of drawings are: single line diagram, cable arrangements, earthing, lighting,cable routing, ect).
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards in accordance with technical studies;
- Check and verification of technical specification for primary engineering and technical documentation from internal/external supplier. Filling form of “request for offer” for interdisciplinary cooperation with procurement and proposal dept. Interdisciplinary cooperation with project management;
- Extensive attendance on site either in Italy or internationally to assist and manage commissioning of equipment and substation as a whole;
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress and coordinating activities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree or Master Degree in Electric and electronic Engineering or technical Diploma;
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role or electric field;
- Knowledge of main equipment usually installed in high voltage substation, such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, current & voltage transformer, coupling capacitors, surge arrester, post insulators, conductors and GIS equipment;
- Knowledge of tools and processes documentation and technical standards related to the above mentioned primary equipment;
- Fluent in Italian and in English (written and spoken). A third language will be a plus;
- International experience abroad, short delegation and trips to sites in foreign countries;
- Experience in working with different culture, languages and of educational and customer needs, will be a plus;
- Effective computer skills in Microsoft Office software, Autocad and Etap.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Requisition ID: 276107
Organization: Energy Management
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only