Signaling Design Engineer - Senior Level
The Siemens Mobility division has exciting opportunities for a Senior Signaling Design Engineer. This role will be located in our Bangkok office. The Siemens Mobility team is looking for an individual that is aligned with our company values: excellent, innovative and responsible to carry out design, checking and testing of railway signaling systems. The scope of supported activity includes customer Projects and tendering activities, so you will be responsible for performing signaling design on assigned Projects and also have the opportunities to see your designs in action, through support of Test and commissioning activities when required.
What are my responsibilities?
- Design all components of a signalling system solution including but not limited to: Control Tables, Scheme Plans, Circuit diagrams, Interlocking Data, NV Data and system design. All design and documentation must meet customer requirements and adhere to company, safety, legal standards.
- Check components of signalling design for detail and functionality. Ensuring designs meet customer requirements and adhere to company, safety, legal standards.
- Carry out/ assist in ETCS, CTC and communication design.
- Ensuring successful delivery of the Signalling Design including its interfaces and integration with other parts of the system
- Carry out/ assist in system assurance and RAMS when required.
- Carry out “Set to Work” simulation tests and assist in Principle Testing in an office environment. To assist in site activities related to testing and commissioning when required.
- Assist in tender preparation and project planning, by the way of estimating, scope preparation and testing plan preparation.
- Carry out duties with or without supervision and meet timeframes and budgets.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Signaling Design/Test activities on Customer Projects
- Strong technical knowledge of railway systems and equipment with sufficient underpinning knowledge to analyse technical solutions and propose innovative alternatives
- Formal technical qualification to degree standard in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is preferred though not essential.
- Ideally you will have existing formal competency approvals, or ability to attain formal approvals (e.g. IRSE)
- Knowledge and experience across the design domains of systems engineering, signalling, train control, train protection and communications.
- Flexibility to travel as per project requirements
- Excellent self discipline and adherence to quality forms and procedure
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
Requisition ID: 276428
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only