Regional Instrument Specialist, Automation & Informatics (2 years Contract)
Siemens Healthineers is hiring a Regional Instrument Specialist, Automation & Informatics (2 years Contract) to join the Regional Support Center Asia Australia.
A high level of expertise and hands on experiences are needed with minimum requirement of 3 – 5 years direct work experiences on Laboratory Diagnostics products; Product training, including stand-alone analyzers, will be provided. The incumbent may be based anywhere within the ASEAN countries.
The prime function of the role is to provide best-in-class regional technical service and support and be a key contributor to customer satisfaction for the Automation and Informatics product range in the Asia Australia (AA) region.
The role will involve direct instrument service activities for Automation and Informatics systems, including pre-installation, system installation and post-installation support. The Regional Instrument Specialist must be able to travel to the field within AA region to respond to the most difficult instrument problems, supporting country Field Service Engineers on corrective and preventive measures when needed. The roles required close follow up on issues until closure and the working hour may be extended outside the standard working hours.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for 2nd level incident management by telephone, tickets system, email and/or onsite support, supporting the Asia Australia region
- Provide prompt support to internal and external customer following Siemens Complaint Handling guidelines and Incident Management processes and escalating the issues to Headquarter Support Center (HSC) for resolution and product quality improvement
- Collect the product quality feedback from country service organization and feedback to HSC to drive product improvement at manufacturer level and R&D level
- Upon request by the local service organization, perform onsite support for troubleshooting. He/she will work closely with the country service organization to mentor and up-skill the country service personnel through regular communication, monthly teleconferences, Technical Exchange Meetings and workshops
- Support new product launch and lead new product install for the Asia Australia region and support less mature serviceability countries
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, demonstrate a proactive attitude and actions to help optimize the instrument performance and customer perception by evaluating the issues and problem through service data (e.g. proactive assessing the high "cost instruments" and developing specific action plans)
- Ensure timely implementation of product modifications/ retrofits within the region
- Monitor and drive the product installation, and working with local field service personnel to ensure timely completion
- Working closely with country support team to optimize the spare part inventory management to drive productivity
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- You hold a university degree or have 3 – 5 years of experience in medical engineering, IT or medical technology
- You have a good understanding of the current analytical technologies utilized on the Automation and Informatics system or on legacy Laboratory Diagnostics systems
- You possess strong all rounded IT skills; TCP/IP and network basics knowledge is highly desirable
- You have superior analytical skills and proven problem solving techniques
- You are systematic and able to fully document your work to a high standard and in a timely manner
- English is the mandatory language required for the job. Second language (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.) will be an added advantage liaise with multilingual speaking associates
- You show strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, excellent teamwork and organizational skills and you must be sensitive to diversity in culture and ethnicity, language ability, economic and political constraints, customer expectations, regulatory requirements, etc.
- You possess a passion for resolving customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner and you are self-reliant, highly motivated and show flexibility; you are willing to travel to overseas (in high demand periods > 25% travel activities)
- Working location: Anywhere within the ASEAN countries
What else do you need to know?
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
Requisition ID: 278276
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only