Senior Software Developer Network & Communication 80 - 100 %
Job ID: 279163
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time or part time possible
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
As an engineering-focused company, we offer an innovative and inspiring environment, as well as excellent long-term career perspectives within our global R&D organization. This vacancy deals with distributed systems consisting of buildings (controllers and sensors), cloud services, various applications and tools for a wide range of devices. It particularly focuses on software tools for configuring, commissioning and maintaining building automation systems and their infrastructures and includes:
Your new responsibilities
- Designing communication between all system elements, such as for software tools, automation controllers, cloud services, and Web-based clients
- Designing interfaces and developing software components using standard communication protocols and interfaces
- Working in an agile development environment whilst following Scrum and SAFe procedures
- Collaborating closely with international colleagues in Switzerland, the USA and India on a global scale
Your skills and experience
- University or higher technical college degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Good software design and implementation skills and familiarity with the application of common design patterns
- Mastering all ISO OSI model layers (beyond reusing libraries, willingness to work under the hood, willingness to master issues directly related to hardware limitations (sensors, actuators) and network infrastructures)
- Experience with protocol design: security, performance, QoS (quality of service), routing
- Practical development experience with TCP/IP, Web Services (Rest API), secure Web access (Certificates) and Thrift APIs
- Sound knowledge of network topologies (IP, MSTP) and IT security required, additionally basic know-how of field bus protocols, such as KNX, Modbus, M-Bus would be welcome
- Practical experience in an industrial environment or automation would be advantageous
- Good German and fluent English language skills
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 279163 at: Alexis Stavrianidis email@example.com. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 279163
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time or part time possible