Site Maintenance Manager
Site Maintenance Manager
Siemens Energy Management has an exciting opportunity for a Site Maintenance Manager. You will ensure that the HVDC converter stations are kept in good operational condition such that, to the extent that can be achieved through a maintenance programme, they will continue to meet performance requirements.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Provide customer support through planned and reactive maintenance activities on customers assets as per our contractual requirements. Ensure that all work is planned and carried out efficiently and safely and that all records are kept up to date. Ensure that all SHEQ and Siemens processes and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Manage work parties on site to ensure all work is progressed efficiently and safely and that any conflicts or issues are dealt with or escalated to the appropriate person, stopping the work if required until the issues are resolved.
- Manage the contractual requirements of the contract on Siemens behalf to ensure all deliverable obligations are being met consistently and effectively.
- Manage the finances of the contract to ensure maximum efficiency and delivery of the financial targets.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the primary day to day interface with the customer and ensure contractual obligations are being met at all times.
- Manage the financial requirements to ensure budgets are met on a monthly basis, opportunities are identified and variations are raised and executed in a timely manner.
- Deliver monthly reports to the customer and Operations Manager and lead customer reporting meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all internal standards including ISO 9000, 14000, 18000 and 55000.
- Undertake regular audits and inspections to ensure compliance is being maintained with standards.
- Ensure compliance with Work Specifications, Local Management Instructions, statutory Requirements and Health & Safety Issues.
- Conduct safety monitoring of both Siemens and contractors staff.
- Plan, develop and implement maintenance routines for all plant and equipment within scope of the contract.
- Assist in the development of existing and new processes to enhance the quality of service provided to the customer.
- Ensure a safe working environment is provided at all times, and obtain or develop any necessary documentation such as, risk assessments and Method Statements.
- Ensure that suitable and sufficient Risk and Method Statements are in place before work starts.
- Plan day to day work, anticipate problems and accomplish tasks to high standards of quality and time.
- Take part in a 24/7 365day per year standby rota and provide flexible support whenever possible to support others who are on call (if required).
- Act as SAP under appropriate safety rules (if required).
- Investigate and rectify faults and prepare, where necessary, reports to comply with QA and customers requirements.
- Interpret test and inspection reports and initiate appropriate action.
- Ensure that all maintenance documentation is completed and uploaded on Maintenance Management System as specified in O&M procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out to a satisfactory quality and technical standards.
- Complete weekly time sheet for monitoring workload.
- Undertake training in order to develop as necessary.
- Provide a technical, engineering and advisory service to other staff in areas where you have particular expertise or experience.
- Commitment to Siemens Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
- Liaise with the customer and project management team to resolve issues and conflicts regarding work, planning, resourcing and SHEQ.
- Manage a work party (or parties) on site to ensure work is progressing as scheduled and ensure that the level of service being provided is correct.
- Ensure that resources, material, equipment and tools are available when required to avoid delays, and report any deficiencies to the project management team in a timely manner.
- Ensure that as work progresses, any changes to the planned work or issues that arise are addressed and that the Risk and Method Statement is updated to reflect the changes before work proceeds.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within a maintenance environment on industrial sites / electrical substations.
- Experience in managing a team of technicians in a maintenance role.
- IT Literacy (MS Office including MS Project etc)
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful organisational skills.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful team working abilities.
- Demonstrate evidence of understanding of H & S legislation and Risk Management Process.
Requisition ID: 280900
Organization: Energy Management
Career Level: not defined
Full time only