Incident Responder (1st Level)
With 111 years of presence in Romania, Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization.
Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The Corporate Technology division in Brasov , Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies. For more information about Siemens please visit www.siemens.ro and http://www.siemens.com/innovation.
Siemens Corporate Technology, the research and development power house of Siemens, is setting up a new Cyber Security Research & Development Center. Given the highly dynamic and complex technological landscape, shaped by endeavors such as as Industry 4.0 (“the 4th Industrial Revolution”), Internet of Things and Critical Infrastructures, cyber security cyber security strategies should be secure, vigilant, and resilient, as well as fully integrated into organizational strategy from the start - this plays a crucial role for the success of both Siemens and its customers.
Therefore cyber security has evolved into one of the core technologies at Siemens which helps shape the new age of smart manufacturing, dynamic supply chains as well as tailored products and services.
Siemens Corporate Technology is focused on state-of-the-art, and beyond, technological challenges which help Siemens provide better, more efficient and secure products to its customers. Siemens Corporate Technology provides security building blocks and blueprint architectures for all Siemens business units in order to facilitate faster and better product development - we test and assess products & solutions, analyze and review code, develop security measures, and optimize their implementation. And finally, we analyze threat landscapes, manage vulnerabilities, and provide solutions for incident response.
We are looking for security professionals to drive operational excellence, continuous development and improvement of Siemens’s security solutions.
Incident Responder (1st Level)
What are my responsibilities?
- Support the responsible Incident Project Manager (iPM) to handle suspected security incidents: guided by documented processes and Key Experts, analyze reports about potential / suspected incidents, gather information and log data, analyze log data, and generate reports and tickets, and verify action on tickets
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Fluent in spoken and written English, including security terminology; proficiency in German a plus
- Excellent ability to interact with both technical experts and non-technical staff in a exceptional situation (incident) to ensure correct actions are taken and communication partners collaborate
- Significant technical system expertise (as, e.g., gathered from being an IT Administrator for certain systems) with relevant exposure and expertise in IT Security, in at least some of the following technologies
- Windows Server Operating Systems (preferably Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2012)
- Windows Client Operating Systems (preferably Windows 10, or Windows 7)
- Microsoft Office (preferably Office 365, Office 2016/2013)
- Databases (preferably MS SQL)
- Cloud (preferably MS Azure and AWS)
- Unix/Linux (preferably any major Linux flavor, or business use)
- Web Server (preferably Microsoft or Apache)
- Microsoft SharePoint (preferably SharePoint 2013)
- Excellent working knowledge of technical and organizational aspects of information security, e.g., regarding detection of and reaction to intrusion attempts / attacks in IT applications, systems, and networks. Prior experience in Incident Response and/or IT Forensics a significant plus
- Ability to present and explain complex technical topics to both management and technical experts
- Ability to work in a self-guided and result-oriented fashion with the clear desire to become an acknowledged technical expert in your own area of expertise
Requisition ID: 281108
Organization: Corporate Technology
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only