Electrical Project Engineer Power Supply - Siemens Mobility
What are my responsibilities?
- Site and technical room electrical design layouts for the integrated design and construction of the power supply system with civil works, M&E, signaling, telecommunications, Central Control System SCADA.
- Design interface management and clarifications with the electrical distribution company, civil works, M&E, signaling, Telecommunications, Central Control System SCADA.
- Technical documentation including project plans (e.g. installation plans, test & commissioning plans, O&M manuals and training plans).
- Liaise between the site activity, the engineering & the project management
- Technical liaison with the Germany based design manager and engineers during all phases of the project and client consultant.
- Design verification and validation incl. requirements management.
- Updating the power supply system sub-program (time schedule) during procurement, installation and T&C phases and interfacing with the project scheduler.
- Support for client training.
- Site inspections and quality assurance (e.g. inspection of quality and correctness of the power supply works during installation, test & commissioning according the system design requirements).
- Managing site modifications to the design and completion of As-built documentation.
- Technical support during manufacturing and supporting installation and commissioning engineers during the construction and test phases of the project.
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the BMS procedures relative to their position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Inform management of any potential improvements that could improve Siemens Mobility environmental performance
- Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Electrical Power Engineering degree or equivalent
- Extensive dedicated experience in Engineering, interface management & training
- First Project management experience is good to have
- Technical knowledge in generators, MV & LV equipment, UPS , SCADA and cables
- Have dealt directly with Electrical Distribution Companies and aware of their requirements
- Knowledge of testing, commissioning & operation methods
- Very good negotiation level of English
- Intercultural experience
- No objection or restrictions to work at site frequently
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Requisition ID: 281781
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only