System Architect Cloud
Job ID: 283622
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
After establishing a first cloud infrastructure, our teams work on the next level to set up a global cloud platform for our Building Technology products. The focus is on carving out new and improved conceptual and technological paths for the platform and applications focusing on the latest cloud technology options. At the helms of this is the Systems Architecture team, consisting of true experts in systems engineering and building automation, areas of strategic corporate importance. For the products and systems of Building Technology this team clarifies the business context, defines the systems architecture in close collaboration with business and R&D stakeholders, selects the technology options and governs the implementation. Implementation teams are organized on a global scale and span across development centers; this includes teams in North America and in China. We are looking for someone who can show the path, creating cloud products that set new standards in usability and interoperability. Working on a global scale and testing the limits of technology make the job fascinating and challenging alike.
Your new responsibilities
This challenging role has two focal points, technology leadership in cloud computing and effective communication across global teams. You will work at the technological forefront of cloud computing in an industrial environment for connecting existing products and new innovative products into a cloud environment. You lead the conceptualization of new business approaches aligned with business and R&D stakeholders expanding building automation towards a user centric system, defining the next generation of building automation.
Technology and Innovation
- Responsible for leading the cloud systems and software architecture in an industrial application domain for building automation
- Identify technological advancements, gaps and risks that could impact future strategies and financial aspects of our solutions, lead change to react accordingly
- Drive the development of problem domain and solution domain architectures aligned with business strategies and requirements
- Elaborate and define requirements, both functional and non-functional, in cooperation with product management
- Act as the cloud technology leader within R&D in Zug, create systems concepts and transform these into software design of selected cloud technology
- Drive and govern implementation of software
- Communicate and document systems architecture and software architecture
- Collaborate with teams distributed across different development centers, in face-to-face or in virtual meetings
- Inspire others and be pragmatically oriented.
- Energize teams and implement organizational and behavioral changes, collaborate, coach and mentor
- Create and maintain a large network across many business and R&D stakeholders in Zug and in other development centers
Your skills and experience
Our ideal job owner is an exceptional IT Architect with a deep understanding of and with proven experience in state of the art cloud concepts and cloud technology paired with the application of cloud technology in an operational, industrial environment. He or she is able to map business needs to cloud technology concepts to enable new scalable business models; taking the lead when it comes to coordinate the complex developments.
- A successfully completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent such as Computer Science or Automation Engineering)
- A solid track record of working as a systems/software architect with focus on cloud technology.
- Several years of practical experience in cloud computing solutions, cloud security concepts and cloud operations concepts in an OT environment
- Experience in Internet of things (IoT) and web of things (WoT)
- 5+ years of work experience in building automation domains would be ideal for us
- We look in this strategically important position for a person willing to go the extra mile.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking
- Ability to contribute and collaborate in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with mapping system concepts into realistic technology solutions
- Proven ability to clearly document and communicate concepts to all stakeholders according to their interests and concerns
- Highly proficient English spoken and written completes your personal profile, speaking German is a plus
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/employer.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 283622 at: [[Alexis Stavrianidis, email firstname.lastname@example.org]]. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 283622
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only