Engineering Project Manager
Siemens Cranes is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology. One of our latest developments is fully automated harbor cranes. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint will be transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Therefore we are looking for an experienced project engineer in Den Haag who is able to manage and realize these highly innovated and complex development projects. The complexity in these projects lays in the project size and the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, interfaces, drive systems and sensor systems. A typical projects last for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in Holland & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
We are looking for a candidate who is strong in project planning, can steer a project within its development budget, is able to create an efficient project organization and team spirit and is able to inventory technical risks. The project engineer will head a team of up to 15 colleagues (software, hardware and commissioning engineers) which are based in Holland and in other countries e.g. Germany, China.
The engineering project manager will be responsible for the design of the overall solution and will also manage the acceptance of the system which requires being at customer locations worldwide.
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage a project team up to 15 software and hardware engineers;
- Coordinate and managing the technical solution of the project according the high quality standards and project management processes of Siemens;
- Determine the system architecture (software/hardware) derive and describe the subsystems;
- Describe the functional specifications;
- Participate in customer technical clarification workshops;
- Ensure that safety and security standards are met;
- Ensure that solutions are matching regional safety standards;
- Support pre-sales activities and support bid teams;
- Participate in our lean approach to project engineering by identifying efficiencies in what we do.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Completed HBO / TU degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation;
- At least 5 years proven experience in the field of complex automation projects;
- At least 8 years experience in an engineering environment as an engineer, including at least 4 years experience as an engineer with responsibility;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 program language, TIA Portal, WinCC, C++, C#, SQL;
- Knowledge and experience of industrial (Ethernet) networks and IT security;
- Project management experience , including working within project teams at least 6 years;
- Business fluent English, ideally Dutch and if possible German;
- Ability to think and act practical and solution-oriented;
- Driver's license B;
- Good interpersonal and business skills;
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally;
- Flexible attitude, stress resistant.
What else do I need to know?
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online for the job at http://www.siemens.nl/career. We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Do you see yourself fitting this profile, or do you want more information about this position? Then please contact Mr. Pieter van der Plas, manager Engineering via email@example.com
Requisition ID: 286395
Organization: Regional Companies
Career Level: Experienced Professional