MOM Industry Manager Electronics and Semiconductors (m/f)
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens PLM software, a Business Unit of the Siemens Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) software and services. We help thousands of companies realize innovation by optimizing their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support. More than 140,000 customers worldwide rely on our solutions and services, an installed base of more than 15 million licensed seats.
Join our team as MOM Industry Manager Electronics and Semiconductors (m/f) at our EMEA countries.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The MOM Industry Management (IM) teams are responsible for running the industry business development activity for the Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) Product portfolio within Siemens PLM Software. The covered industry segments include Aerospace & Defense, Automotive (OEM & FTS), Chemicals, Electronics, Food & Beverage, Home and Personal Care, Machinery, Medical devices, Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductors, Tires and Tobacco.
The position of MOM Industry Manager Electronics and Semiconductors reports to the Head of Industry Management for the Discrete Industries. The Electronics and Semiconductors Industry is defined to include all sub-segments of most of the Discrete Industries (A&T, A&D, High Tech, Consumer Goods etc.). The activity field includes responsibilities that look at both inbound product and outbound “Go to Market” and Business Enablement perspectives. These tasks require interfacing with a diverse set of individuals from CXOs, VP/Chief Engineer/Director of R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing, Siemens PLM sales teams, Siemens regional sales, and internal product development, technology and marketing teams.
From an inbound perspective, the Industry Management position is responsible to help shaping the MOM product development priorities, technologies and portfolio investments. In this field, the Industry Manager has accountability for defining the product directions and investment priorities based on industry knowledge, industry market trends, competitive field assessments and customer inputs. The Industry Manager will define and work with the various product groups to help outline and define gaps and priorities; and work the product group’s managers and technical teams to define and flush out technical issues, gaps, and specific industry required solutions.
Further, the Industry Manager has responsibility for developing a periodic industry vertical specific business plan that covers market trends, field competitive situation, solution & technology gaps, recommended priorities and actions for sales. The Industry Manager has accountability for working these recommendations and actions with the Siemens organization across the globe to optimize market growth and expansion.
Next to that, the Industry Management teams have the global process ownership within the MOM segment for strategic project engagements (e.g. Gold accounts, strategic projects or initiatives).
From an outbound perspective, the Industry Management position has several dimensions:
- Partnering with the marketing teams, the Industry Manager has the responsibility for developing industry specific “Go to Market” strategies and messaging for the MOM portfolio. The Industry Manager sets the direction and drive the activity with other teams of the organization to develop templates and solutions that leverage industry best practices to help customers shorten their deployment times and realize business benefits quicker.
- For several key themes, the Industry Manager develops formal Global Sales Initiatives (GSI) based on the full MOM portfolio that enable the GSM&S organization to have a clear sales execution in the various industries.
- Business enablement on the entire MOM product portfolio for the global GSM&S community, with a specific focus on Portfolio Developers, Pre-sales and Channel Managers.
- Support GSM&S in customer facing workshop when requested (e.g. key sales pursuits, strategic customer meetings, …)
- Additionally, Industry Managers have responsibility for speaking at major internal Siemens PLM events and external industry events and forums across the globe; including industry analyst briefings. Functional support for the important events and tradeshows is often requested.
Given the current dynamics around Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things and Siemens’ Digitalization strategy, the jobholder will have a strong focus on the outbound business development activity to expand Siemens’ market position in the coming years. Today, the Industry Management teams work a lot with the global sales teams to help with pursuits of large and key deals – which consumes a lot of bandwidth.
An important lever to success is found in unlocking the knowledge, industry network and (pre-) sales capacity of the wider Siemens PLM organization, as well as the Siemens Regional Companies, Vertical Sales Segments and Marketing organizations.
The latter is especially important to support the business continuity and Digitalization strategy for the Process Verticals. This includes (pre-)sales support, strategic alignment with the several key business units, as well as specific support for strategic turnkey projects.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
Education: Must have a background in engineering or computer science, with an additional degree related to economics or MBA as a plus.
- 10 – 15 years of experience in increasing levels of responsibility in Electronics and Semiconductors related industries. Activities preferably in Business Development, Sales, Presales, Project Management and Strategic Marketing.
- Excellent understanding of related business processes and practices within Electronics and Semiconductors, including the domains of PLM, MOM, MES and automation.
- Public speaking experience with solid communication and presentation skills.
Key Attributes: Strategic thinking; competitive assessments; business acumen; technology foundation; business development; good communications; “board room presence”; Electronics and Semiconductors process expert
Languages: fluent in English is mandatory, German would represent a plus
Getting in touch with us - straightforward and direct
if you wish to find out more about Siemens Industry Software GmbH before applying.
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
if you would like to find out more about the application process and benefits for employees. Siemens places great value on equal employment opportunities. We look forward to receiving applications from handicapped people and thus support the initiative “job – Jobs ohne Barrieren”.
Requisition ID: 286841
Organization: Digital Factory
Career Level: Professional