Data Scientist (m/f) for Building Technologies (289671AP)
Together we are driving Austria forward
We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the global leader on the market for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructure. We are the trusted technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier for fire safety und security as well as for building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management solutions.
Data is at the core of everything we do. Our progress as a society and the innovative ideas, that makes our lives easier and more sustainable are all driven by data. We spend roughly 90% of our lives inside buildings - buildings that together account for over 30% of the worlds CO2 emissions – so our mission of leveraging the power of data to create perfect places is an important one. If you are an ambitious data scientist looking for an opportunity to grow, in a well resourced and results-oriented culture become a part of our business-facing team and help us to improve the performance of buildings so that the people within them and the environment around them can thrive.
Join our team now in the Building Technologies Division as Data Scientist (m/f) in Vienna.We are looking for a skilled, motivated, and open minded data science enthusiast to turn data and information into innovation and action.
While collaborating within our Digital Service Center Team, you will gain insights and unveil new opportunities for teammates and customers. We are constantly exploring new ways of working with data to see just what’s possible. At Siemens, our Digital Service Center Team is working to leverage the power of data to create Perfect Places.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Implementation and management of big data analytics projects with the focus on big data, advanced analytics, machine learning and industrial applications
- Quality validations of the data analytics models developed in the team
- Responsibility for building sustainable processes to support quickly expanding data volumes and ensuring data quality and data accessibility together with the data architects.
- Prototyping of models and algorithms defined.
- Work with product managers, domain experts and customers to identify new value opportunities from data driven insights for the future of our building technology business.
- Work with R&D team to continue the implementation of data analytics into BT software applications (internal Siemens use) and products (customer use)
- Presentation of data analytics project results to internal stakeholders
- Interaction with business stakeholders and customers to understand business data and analytics requirements and identify data-driven business opportunities
- You successfully completed a university degree with a strong quantitative background such as computer science, mathematics, quantitative economics, physics, electrical engineering, quantitative social sciences or engineering sciences
- You have at least 2 years of hands-on experience in the domain of data discovery and data science using big data, advanced analytics and machine learning methodology.
- You are interested in business processes and practical outcomes how they can be optimized with digitalization.
- You are a specialist in at-least one area of data science, which you understand deeply. You can explain your particular area of expertise to non-experts and you understand the trade-offs between different approaches.
- You are a generalist in that you are generally familiar with all major concepts of data science and you have a good notion of what expertise are needed to solve a given problem.
- You should be familiar with Big Data tools such as Hadoop eco-system or Apache Spark and programming languages such as julia, R, python, lua, or scala etc. and you can use it efficiently to produce high-quality results.
- You apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve products and understanding the behavior of the end-customers experience and their ability gain insights from data
- You are fluent in English and in addition German skills are a plus.
What else do I need to know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is minimum EUR 44.800,-- on a fulltime basis. An overpayment is possible depending on education and experience. Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward for your online application!
Requisition ID: 289671
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Experienced Professional