Quality Assurance Engineer
The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
For our EM setup in Egypt we are looking for a Quality Control Engineer to support our growing business:
The duty of the Quality Assurance Engineer is to act and operatively support the site activities as an expert and partner by planning, supervision, ensuring and reporting of appropriate activities with regard to failure prevention, effective proceedings (pro-active & re-active) and continuous improvements over the entire Installation, testing and commissioning activities.
Particular importance is the authority to intervene at any stage in the site activities, if proceedings impact targeted results negatively.
What are my responsibilities?
- Quality planning and control: Erection, testing and commissioning activities of high voltage substations and especially MV Switchgears is to be established and continuously monitored
- Quality management: Determination, implementation and sustainment of a consistent Quality Management system
- Continuous improvement: An appropriate system for identifying and implementation of process or product related potentials is to be established effectively for all phases of Site related activities
- Identification of qualification shortcomings and training of project employees with regard to quality
- Intervention and escalation to reporting line in functional matters where guidelines, quality-relevant procedures or targets are not complied with
- Representing the project internally and externally in matters of quality
- Ensure at all times that assigned tasks are operated in line with the QA process and procedures relating to statutory, regulatory and EHS requirements
- Abide by and comply with the Compliance and Business Conduct Guidelines.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 8 years of varied experience in MV Switchgears and / or related product knowledge, alternatively: experience in operational quality management, quality assurance
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Expert knowledge in Quality management systems, methods and tools
- Deep experience in Quality assurance and planning
- Awareness of Project Management processes
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Fluent in English and Arabic
What do I need to know?
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multicultural environment.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents – including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively – can be considered in the selection process.
Requisition ID: 290711
Organization: Energy Management
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only