The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
For our EM setup in Egypt we are looking for an EHS Officer to support our growing business:
EHS officer is responsible for supporting management in all functional levels and subcontractors in all aspects, questions and measures for improving the overall work safety situation within the respective location.
What are my responsibilities?
- Supervise and develop the maintenance and implementation of safety standards, programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Report directly to the Division EHS officer and Siemens plant manager/supervisor.
- Putting forward recommendations, notifications and advices to project /Plant manager, to enable them to fulfil their legal obligations in respect to EHS aspects.
- Giving safety instruction at the working site.
- Ensure compliance with country-specific and Siemens-specific regulations at the power plant by means of daily walk-downs; where necessary, stipulating measures, checking and documenting thereof.
- Documentation of non-conformances and primary hazards.
- Ensure prompt elimination/mitigation of non-conformances and its associated hazards while considering ALARM concept.
- Providing support to the Plant Manager in monitoring coordination/supervision of activities relevant to safety.
- Closely cooperating with the customer’s EHS Coordinator.
- Participating in official meetings with the customer on frequent basis to discuss and update EHS related issues.
- Compiling important records in a site office EHS binder (organizational charts, alarm plans, layout sketches, accident reports, training records, etc...)
- Preparation of hazard assessments and accident reports.
- Investigate accidents and near misses, stipulating measures for prevention of the foregoing.
- Monitoring the provision and correct handling and use of personal protective equipment.
- Ensure compliance of inspection intervals for tools, lifting gear and other technical equipment.
- Ensure compliance of inspection intervals for first aid, alarm and fire protection equipment.
- Ensure compliance with regulations for handling and storage of hazardous substances.
- Coordinating the administration of first aid and train site personnel in health and safety standards and EHS topics including Toolbox Talks.
- Support in methodology of last minute risk analysis (Take Five).
- Preparing weekly, monthly and annual reports to EHS department and to responsible supervisor.
- Preparing specific informative and comprehensive reports to the management following special EHS occurrences and when requested.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Eengineering or scientific discipline degree or holding an equivalent industrial qualification with several years’ relevant work experience.
- Technical qualifications refer to professional training, preferably professional EHS experience in energy sector and power generation and expertise gained from relevant technical courses
- The position holder will have to have the necessary technical and personal skills to perform their tasks; personal skills refer to reliability, self-assertion and initiative.
- Advanced formal and informal communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Very good English / Arabic command in addition to a well-developed reporting and business writing skills.
- Track record of professional training and experience requirements in the context of Environmental Protection, Health management and Safety.
- The candidates have to be certified as safety professionals from a well-recognized multinational EHS organization (such as NEBOSH, IOSH) covering the main business areas that includes but not limited to:
- Lifting and rigging.
- Work at height and scaffold safety.
- Confined spaces.
- Hazardous material.
- Electrical safety.
- Power tools and machinery.
- Firefighting and first aid principles.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process. *LI-NP
Requisition ID: 290717
Organization: Energy Management
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only