The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
For our EM setup in Egypt we are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to support our growing business:
Primary Foreman with a rich experience in the field of HV and MV substation erection and installation
What are my responsibilities?
- Installation of Substation primary components including cable trays , steel structure, conduits and gantries, Panels and Kiosks
- Installation of High voltage outdoor equipment like CT, VT and isolators and AIS Bus Bars
- Installation of MV Switchgear and its alignment
- Installation of Power Transformers under supervision of the Vendor supervisor
- Task splitting and arrangement of daily tasks for a group of technicians and installation helpers
- Responsible for erection tools and related installation equipments
- Applying of safety requirements in the responsible work area at site
- Revising and checking the installation drawing under supervision of the responsible erection engineer
- Scaffolding set up in a correct and safe alignment as per the required task
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience in installation of HV or MV Switchgear including related tasks
- Technical Diplomat degree in electrical or mechanical field is an advantage
- Good capability of reporting and defining issues.
- Ability to work proactively on own initiative, as well as in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Command of English / Arabic communication is an advantage
- Must be prepared to travel extensively, with no restrictions on location.
What do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents – including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively – can be considered in the selection process.
Requisition ID: 290720
Organization: Energy Management
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only