The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
For our EM setup in Egypt we are looking for a Communication Engineer to support our growing business:
What are my responsibilities?
- GPRS/UHF Commissioning & Test Engineer is responsible for Commission, install/setup, integrate, test and implement mobile communications technologies (GSM-GPRS-UMTS-4G(LTE)
- The GPRS/UHF Commissioning & Test Engineer work is completed on time and within technical best practicing within Distribution Control Centers.
- GPRS/UHF Commissioning & Test Engineer will report directly to the Site Manager while work is taking place, the GPRS/UHF Commissioning & Test Engineer will monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise.
- Keep close contact with members of their site team at all times, and liaise with site engineers, surveyors, technicians, planners and subcontractors. Ensure that work complies with regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
- Creating and carrying out test procedures.
- Investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Writing reports and documentation and obtain necessary approvals.
- Liaising with installation/project engineers
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines
- Reviews the project technical documentation and the contractual requirements
- Coordinates activities of vendor representatives and subcontractors
- Ensures safe execution of all commissioning activities through the application of the work permit procedure.
- Coordinate the shutdowns and witnessing / inspection of work by client.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree in Communication engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience in communication commissioning, maintenance & testing.
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Commission, install/setup, integrate, test and implement mobile communications technologies (GSM-GPRS-UMTS-4G(LTE) within technical best practicing of Distribution Control Centers.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong Knowledge of mobile communications technologies (GSM-GPRS-UMTS-4G(LTE))
- Good knowledge of networking communication (at Least CCNA is required)
- Fluent English/ Arabic Language (Writing and speaking)
- Engineering & Design Preparation capabilities
- Hard worker and ability to work under high pressure.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Requisition ID: 291778
Organization: Energy Management
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only