Medical Imaging Specialist
Job ID: 291969
Work location: Zürich
Mode of employment: Vollzeit
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
With more than 40,000 employees, Siemens Healthineers is one of the largest technology providers for the health sector and one of the leading manufacturers of medical imaging technology, laboratory diagnostic equipment and IT solutions for healthcare. This is underpinned by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consultancy, training and service provision – available throughout the world and individually tailored to our customers needs. So that even more people are able to live a longer, better and happier life.
Siemens Healthcare and Balgrist Campus Zurich – A Winning Team
At Balgrist Campus basic researchers, medical practitioners, developers and industry collaborate in order to alleviate and resolve problems of patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions. The Campus is currently extended by a multi-modality imaging platform dedicated to research of the musculoskeletal system and powered by cutting-edge MRI equipment from Siemens Healthineers (7T Terra and 3T Prisma) which are fully available for research. Short- to mid-term clinical usefulness and applicability of developed methods is thereby a strategic goal and fostered through the direct participation of medical staff of the Balgrist University Hospital on the campus.
Your new responsibilities
- For such cooperation, Siemens Healthineers is hiring two full-time medical imaging specialists to enable research and prototype development.
- Both positions are available by September 1st, 2018 and have a 3-year term.
- They will be working closely together with the Balgrist Campus team and are led by the Siemens Healthineers pre-development team in Lausanne.
- The team will act furthermore in close alignment with the Healthineers MR headquarters in Germany.
- In these positions, you will develop new MRI methods, provide research and technical instrumentation support for the MRI systems.
- You will evaluate prototype equipment, and help explore, expand, and realize the potential of the 7T system and new MR imaging methods for the musculoskeletal system.
- The developed techniques will also be transferred to 3T platforms to foster clinical translation.
Your skills and experience
- As basis for such positions you hold a degree in (bio-)medical imaging, engineering, physics or programming.
- You gained profound experience with medical imaging, and MRI scanning in particular.
- Furthermore, you are familiar with image reconstruction methods.
- Additionally, experience in MR sequence programming (ideally on Siemens platforms) is required for such position.
- You have a good understanding of MR physics.
- Proven C++ programming skills, as well as Python (and/or Matlab) are self-evident.
- You have excellent communication skills in English; German is a plus.
- Based on your experience, you have a proven capability to drive research projects on your own.
Good reasons to work at Siemens Healthineers
We offer a large number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs.
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 291969 at: Daniela Antoni, Telefon +41 79 547 94 34.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 291969
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Career Level: Professional