Technical Pre-Sales Consultant (m/f) for STAR-CCM+ & HEEDS
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Industry Software GmbH is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
Join our team as Technical Pre-Sales Consultant (m/f) for STAR-CCM+ & HEEDS in Nuremberg, Germany.
An experienced Pre-Sales consultant is required to join the STAR-CCM+* & HEEDS* technical team to provide support to prospects and customers in EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa).
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The role is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial or research environment. This position will require the delivery of expertise in the application of STAR-CCM+ & HEEDS in various industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Chemical Process, Energy industries… And dealing with diverse application areas such as Aerodynamics, Heat Transfer, Multiphase flows, design space exploration, etc…
In this role, you will:
- Interact with prospective and current clients to gain a comprehensive understanding of their challenges and objectives, then establishing engineering solutions to improve their CAE* (Computer Aided Engineering) workflow and results in terms of performance, accuracy and robustness
- Use all aspects of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics): CAD (Computer Aided Design) handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other simulation codes…
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests for support from Portfolio Development and Sales, maintaining a schedule of commitments. Support requests could include: collaboration on customer-facing marketing campaigns and sales initiatives; delivering demonstrations; conducting benchmark and validation studies; assuming responsibility for software trials by potential clients within their environment; responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) etc.
- Be skilled in presenting and demonstrating STAR-CCM+ & HEEDS in a sales pursuit, in the context of a particular customer’s business needs, with an emphasis on business value and customer’s benefits for their product development processes
- Work with customers in a consultative mode to assist in their deployments and further implementation of the solutions, including delivery of training courses and customized mentoring
- Have a clear and up-to-date understanding of STAR-CCM+ & HEEDS capabilities and limitations, and be able to clearly communicate to Siemens PLM Software’s Product Management any gaps that have an impact on customer success and work effectively to achieve capability improvements
- Perform competitive analysis and liaise with Siemens PLM Software’s product management team, Portfolio Development and Sales Management to promote customer-focused innovation and identify market trends and future potential markets
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Strong experience in Application Engineering
- You feel comfortable in all levels in a company you talk to, project and department leaders as well as to the executives and C-Level.
- Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, able to operate and travel away for short periods
- Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
- MSc or PhD in fluid mechanics or related technical discipline
- German and English language spoken and written to a high level of proficiency
- Strong organizational skills
Knowledge in the following would be advantageous:
- STAR-CCM+ and HEEDS products or other CFD codes or automation/optimization products and an understanding of how, where and why they are used in industry
- A particular industry knowledge is an asset
- Experience in Pre-Sales
- CAD packages (e.g. NX, Solid Edge…)
- Codes to which CFD can be coupled (e.g. FEA, motion, 1D simulation tools, or optimization codes)
- Other language
Please send us your application in English language.
We provide competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Getting in touch with us - straightforward and direct
if you wish to find out more about Siemens Industry Software GmbH before applying.
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
if you would like to find out more about the application process and benefits for employees. Siemens places great value on equal employment opportunities. We look forward to receiving applications from handicapped people and thus support the initiative “job – Jobs ohne Barrieren”.
Requisition ID: 292097
Organization: Digital Factory
Career Level: Professional