Embedded Linux Developer 80 -100%
Job ID: 292473
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time or part time possible
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Your new responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing globally coordinated and gradually feasible concepts (secure SW update, Edge Device, …) with applications, this across a variety of products and product lines
- Developing smart solutions related to networked devices (IoT) connected to the cloud and the associated remote services considering IT security aspects (IEC 62443, ISA-99, …)
- Develop and provide common Embedded Linux Platform for all product lines of Building Automation
- Evaluating, using, contributing and further developing open-source and inner-source components for Linux-based products (Embedded/Yocto)
- Working in a fast paced and agile environment, you create solutions with likeminded colleagues, collaboration is everything in our team.
- Smart working schemes with flexible working times enable a high degree of independence and the best work-life balance
- Close collaboration on a global scale with international colleagues
Your skills and experience
- University or higher technical college degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Practical experience with Linux and experience with multiple programming and scripting languages
- Interest in open-source projects and a readiness to carry your work upstream
- Confident working with modern tools such as git, code reviews, unit tests and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience with technologies such as Yocto/OpenEmbedded, Linux administration and hardening, container technologies and their underlying constructs like cgroups and runC, IoT and web protocols such as WebSockets or MQTT
- A long-term interest in taking on more responsibility
- Fluent English skills and the commitment to learn German upon start if not already speaking
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/employer.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 292473 at: Alexis Stavrianidis, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 292473
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time or part time possible