Bid Manager - Siemens Mobility Egypt
Managing the complete bidding process and coordinating all bidding activities with the relevant internal and external parties and stakeholders. Set-up and implement winning bid strategies and establish support mechanisms with the relevant business units at headquarter to deliver maximum consistency of quality and efficiency. Introduce third party supplier relationships. Manage and coordinate procurement activities. Report on all bid activity in assigned area of responsibility.
What are my responsibilities?
- Managing multiple bids simultaneously and ensuring high standards of quality for proposals
- Lead and support the bid management function.
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values
- Create and implement winning bid strategies that follow Siemens/Globally proven methodology and approach.
- Responsibility for the planning, management and control of all bid activities and for ensuring the creation and maintenance of the all bidding documents
- Manage document storage for bids, templates, win/loss analysis etc.
- Deliver all aspects of the tender process, including information, presentation, accuracy and submittal of formal bid and prequalification responses to maximize success
- Identify resource requirements for each bid and form bid teams to complete the assigned bid on time.
- Responsible for developing good customer relationships
- Secure an understanding of the customer's bid requirements to ensure a compliant proposal/solution is delivered.
- Adhere to PM@ Siemens bid management related milestones and quality gates
- Coordinate LoA approval process for all bids being managed
- Responsible for obtaining and using information that would enhance Siemens competitive position
- Preparation of all Commercial/Technical/Financial/Risk and other information in preparation of bid
- Identifying and advising the management team of any commercial, financial or technical risk for bids or bid opportunities
- Client presentations, trials and testing at either pre or post qualification stages
- Set up and communicate the time and task schedule for the bid phase, and manage all internal and external activities including the necessary approvals (e.g. Risk Management, Controlling, Legal, Councils, LoA Process) etc.
- Submission of bid to Customer within specified timescale
- Create and make available proposal and documentation templates to support bids.
- Manage and coordinate procurement activities, to ensure providing the information necessary for procurement to obtain bids and special pricing on bid scope.
- Organize effective communication, starting with a bid kick-off meeting with the bid team including affected management.
- Create and/or follow a standard bid process, including appropriate quality gates are adhered to.
- Manage pre-qualification process/submissions.
- Track win/loss on all bids and provide analysis on the outcome
- Capture and report resource time associated with each bid preparation
- Provide overview of all ongoing bids to management (Philos, CRM etc)
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree level, preferably Bachelor of Engineering from reputable University
- Proven experience of minimum 10-15 years preferably within the Railway Industry
- Excellent command of English and Arabic both spoken and written
- Ability to work with a multinational team and an international environment
- Strong presentation, leadership and management skills
- Analytical and communication skills
- Proficient in using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Good presentation, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to influence
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process. *LI-NP
Requisition ID: 292741
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only