Structural Engineer to Operational Engineering
Job ID: 293558
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Denmark
Mode of employment: Full Time
For our Operational Engineering department (OEN) within Offshore Technology, we are looking for a skilled Structural Engineer. The OEN department has the responsibility to provide structural engineering support the rest of company within the lifecycle of the product. This mean supporting suppliers, manufacturing, installation and service by analyzes and evaluating component and solutions.
In this role, you will be part of a dynamic and international Technology environment where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power, contributing to future green energy solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
· Structural calculations (extreme and fatigue) using FEA and analytical methods according to Eurocode, certified guidelines, etc.
· Dynamic evaluations and investigations
· Evaluation of suppliers’ material testing programs and proactively providing inputs for the new generation of our products
· Evaluation of structural non-conformities
· Supporting product improvements and warranty cases
· Developing and maintaining in-house calculation tools for everyday activities
· Make sure that needed updates are implemented in design basis and design tools
· Deliver certification packages
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· You have a M.Sc. in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience within the structural field, preferably from the wind turbine or offshore industry. Alternatively you are a highly skilled recent graduate with analytical flair and an outstanding educational track record to show for it
· You are an experienced FEA user, including FE scripting. We are using ANSYS (both Workbench and APDL).
· You are familiar with Eurocode and related guidelines and standards
· You have a solid background in material science including cast-iron
· You have theory background in fracture mechanics with experience in FKM guideline
· You have efficient programming skills (preferably familiar with MATLAB)
· You have a thorough and structured approach to your work and are able to find innovative solutions to problems
· You are confident to take decisions in short period, based on facts with a pragmatic approach without compromising the quality requirements
· You are an independent and proactive self-starter and persistent in reaching your goals
· You thrive in a cross-functional and international setting and understand team dynamics
· You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 5,700 employees out of a global staff of 25,000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
Read more at https://www.siemens.com/global/en/home/markets/wind.html.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job at http://www.gamesacorp.com/en/human-capital/job-offers/ Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Requisition ID: 293558
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Career Level: Early Professional
Full time only