Project Planner - Siemens Mobility
Project Planner will contribute as a member of the Project Team responsible for managing complex Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Suppliers Integration Project Schedules. The Project Planner will be responsible for driving the Project Organization to meet the Master Schedule targets by developing, reviewing, tracking, reporting and maintaining complex Project Master Schedules including design, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, final assembly, packing, logistics, delivery, installation, testing, commissioning and operations activities. Project Scheduler / Planner would also be involved in many planning aspects related to engineering, supply chain management, manufacturing, capacity planning, process improvements, site works, systems integration and migration strategy. Project Scheduler / Planner will be involved in high level planning, forecasting and preparation, by working closely with the Management at various levels, preparing and presenting schedule and workload data on a weekly and monthly basis.
What are my responsibilities?
- Creation and coordination of overall schedules for international large-scale projects with the integration of complex subprojects across all project phases.
- Be able to have macro and micro level of understanding of issues related to project performance and forecasts.
- Manage schedule, cost, and earned value data via interaction with project team members and be involved in the development of project master schedules.
- Drive the team to ensure schedule adherence and development of mitigation plans.
- Assist with the development of reports for functional departments to monitor performance and identify variances with respect to baselines and budgets.
- Application of various project progress methods to ensure the project schedule is on track to meet deadlines of deliverables
- Work on TIAs (Time Impact Analysis) and prepare claim presentations whenever required.
- Provide required information, reports, documentation, and schedules for Change Order creation and submission.
- Analyze schedules for potential impacts and advise Project Manager of potential problems, work interference or schedule difficulties and assist in finding the most appropriated solution.
- Coordinate and regulate various meetings such as project progress reviews with various levels of management.
- Become a subject matter expert by overcoming roadblocks or delays through using various methods such as industry related knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising plans to meet targets and the like.
- Push to respective Project Team members to timely implement respective progress steps to ensure required execution time.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field from reputable University or college
- 6+ years of proven knowledge and experience references as Project Planner / Scheduler of major projects preferably in railway signaling infrastructure
- Demonstrated strong Excel and Computer skills required.
- Readiness to travel and stay at the project site as required
- Team player with excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Microsoft Project. Primavera experience will be of benefit.
- Fluent in English / Arabic (spoken/written), other languages are a plus.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Requisition ID: 294005
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only