SLC CT Head of Research Group, Automation Runtime Systems (Shanghai)
Siemens Ltd., China, Corporate Technology (SLC CT) is one of the key organizations of Siemens global Research and Development. We are seeking one Head of Research Group, Automation Runtime Systems in China.
What are my responsibilities?
- Drive the development of leading edge technologies through customer, funded and own research projects in automation and control. The focus area includes modular and multifunctional automation platforms, and edge controllers.
- Develop both a technology and a business strategy and has overall budget responsibility for the research group.
- Transfer of R&D results into offers to strategically suitable Siemens units.
- Ensures knowledge and technology transfer within the RG and with other RGs.
- Functional reporting to the Head of the global Technology Field (the U.S.). Disciplinary reporting to the Head of Research China.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master degree or above (PhD preferred) with good English presentation and intercultural communication skills
- Technology competence in automation and control, especially in automation runtime systems, industrial embedded system (hardware and software), automation in power systems.
- 5+ years leadership experience in research & development management (automation hardware and software), experience in business units and multinational companies preferred
- 3+ years experience in leading and collaboration with internationally distributed teams (with at least 10 team members)
- English on business grad level fluent in spoken and written
- Self-motivated, good communication skills
What else do I need to know?
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence. Our researchers work worldwide on technologies with a broad impact for the Business Units.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. ~450 top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Wuxi. Innovation is mainstay of Siemens' business success and plays a key role in mastering sustainability challenges. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
Requisition ID: 294330
Organization: Corporate Technology
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only