Global Product Manager IoT Sensors
Job ID: 294845
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
The worldwide IoT market is fast growing and offers many business opportunities. As one of the major building automation players we from Building Technologies aim for a leading position in these future market segments. Our competence center for IoT and cloud applications is located in Zug, Switzerland. Our colleagues in the HQ work in close collaboration with our global clients and stakeholders. We look for an entrepreneurial thinking and refreshing personality to work as a Global Product Manager for IoT sensors.
Your job – challenging
and future oriented
- Develop a deep understanding of the global market of IoT applications, covering the main trends and competitors
- Proactively gather relevant customer needs and identify new business opportunities in the commercial and residential building market to enhance energy savings, space utilization and occupant performance
- Gain understanding of the existing sales channels and define new business models and differentiated portfolios
- Collaborate effectively with our R&D teams to meet customer value, quality and time-to-market targets
- Team up with sales for successful marketing and international roll-outs of your products
- Manage your portfolio from idea to phase-out in close collaboration with the regional sales organizations worldwide
Your qualifications –
solid and appropriate
- A Bachelor or Master degree, e.g. business, engineering or computer science
- An affinity for new internet and cloud business models and technologies and ideally, you offer a clear track record in these fields
- We look for a person with a clearly visible entrepreneurial drive. Maybe you worked in a startup culture before or worked in a very dynamic field of business. Any experience in Product Management is also very helpful for this position
- Your strong customer orientation and your ability to think out of the box helps you to anticipate customers’ needs and future trends
- The ability to analyze complex situations and communicate your ideas in a concise and convincing manner
- A winning personality able to collaborate effectively in global teams and exercise influence in intercultural environments, stakeholders including all hierarchical levels
- Willingness to travel at least 20%
- Business fluent English is mandatory, applicants speaking German have an advantage
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 294845 at: Nicole Ritter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs and will not consider applications via direct mail.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 294845
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only