Product Manager Fire Detection Systems Europe
Job ID: 295293
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Our organisation is globally responsible for the comprehensive fire safety product portfolio, a strong and growing pillar within the Siemens Building Technologies Division. We are currently looking for a Product Manager for our core European fire detection peripheral portfolio. You will be a member of our global product management team, working with cross-functional teams to guarantee the highest degree of customer satisfaction and to ensure continued commercial success, also leveraging opportunities from digitalisation trends. To maintain our position as one of the market leaders, you will help drive the segment’s vision, strategy, and execution in leading the digitalisation of the fire safety industry with innovative products and services. We look for a self-starter, curious, able to drive results who is also a strong team player and makes the difference in this role.
Your new responsibilities
- Ownership of your products – a comprehensive, business-important fire detection portfolio for the European market
- Understanding your customers, peers and sales channels to optimise the business accordingly
- Acting as an entrepreneur in your area, taking the lead, driving your stakeholders and proactively engaging with our regional sales organisations to enable growth
- Working on various topics simultaneously and prioritising accordingly
- Pro-actively managing the product life cycle of a comprehensive portfolio of key products
- Supporting management in strategic decisions to drive the future of our business
- Business travel may be required, but not on a weekly basis
Your skills and experience
- Degree or Master of Science in Engineering or a comparable qualification with solid commercial expertise
- At least 3-5 years’ professional experience allows you to create impact in this important role and shape our business. We look for a promising yet not too senior personality for the coming years
- Experience within the Fire Safety Industry or a comparable field would be very helpful
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset, willingness to go the extra mile
- A good grasp of large multinational companies and their different mentalities among international customers and stakeholders
- A good command of English is mandatory, an oral command of German is advantageous
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 295293 at: Alexis Stavrianidis, email email@example.com. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 295293
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only