Product Manager Fire Detection Business Europe
Job ID: 295924
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
The European Fire Detection Product Manager will be a member of the global product management team within the Fire Safety business segment and will help drive the segment’s vision, strategy and execution, managing the digitalisation of the fire safety industry with innovative products and services. As a Product Manager for the EN Fire Detection business, you will work with cross-functional teams with a wide range of tasks and activities directly related to planning, management and maintenance of the product life cycle. This position requires interaction with manufacturing, sales, regions, and other stakeholders. To be successful you need to be self-motivated, energetic, well-organised and comfortable when challenging the status quo.
Your new responsibilities
- Managing your product offer throughout its entire life cycle and on a day-to-day basis to keep it marketable and to ensure continued business success
- Managing supply, forecast and inventory, based on business goals and market dynamics - anticipating potential risks and developing corresponding contingency plans
- Managing business performance, growth, profitability and emerging opportunities
- Developing, maintaining and implementation of a clear (pricing) strategy and corresponding guidelines on when and how to sell your portfolio
- Defining and aligning targets with European countries, monitoring and supporting their development
- Alignment of product strategy with the overall business direction
- Pro-actively and regularly communicating with our regional field organisation across Europe to ensure adherence to guidelines
- Being an expert with respect to competition, customers and the market vis-à-vis your portfolio
Your skills and experience
- University degree or higher education in business administration, engineering or a related field
- Initial professional experience, especially within an international working environment is a strong advantage
- Entrepreneurial mindset, thinking beyond your own area of responsibility
- Strong methodological skills with ability to independently structure and drive complex topics
- Excellent communication skills and an open mindset, enabling you to work in an international environment with diverse stakeholders
- Business fluent English is a must, ideally you speak German as well to thrive in our environment
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 295924 at: Alexis Stavrianidis, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 295924
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only