Electrical Engineer 电气工程师 （发电与天然气集团）
For the Gas Turbines Packaging Engineering Hub in Shanghai, Siemens is seeking to fill the position of Gas Turbine Electrical Engineer at the earliest opportunity.
The gas turbine power plants are configured as simple cycle or combined cycle with an output range of 200 MW to 1000 MW or more.
The position is in COE Shanghai Engineering Hub in the Siemens Ltd. China (SLC) that functionally reports to PG SC CN COE (Power & Gas, Sales and Customer Operations, China Region, Packaging Customer Order Engineering).
The gas turbine electrical engineer will work with engineering teams in China and Germany and use the Siemens Reference design to develop, design and maintain project specific design for large gas turbine application. Develop and / or modify GT auxiliary systems’ designs to meet customer requirements for China projects, as well as Global projects if needed.
What are my responsibilities?
As the gas turbine electrical engineer the responsibilities include new unit design, project execution, and operating plant technical support for power plants in China, as well as Sales& Proposal support as needed.
Project Execution responsibilities include:
- Prepare specifications for project specific power plant electrical equipment using the Reference Design as the starting point and making adaptations for customer project. Equipment include AC & DC motor control centers, low voltage switchgears, generator protective relaying & synchronizing, metering, generator excitation system, gas turbine static start system, transformers, station batteries, battery chargers, AC & DC distribution systems, Power & instrumentation cabling.
- Review and evaluate vendor proposals and design drawings.
- Attend functional test at vendor’s factory and inspect the equipment prior to shipment to project site as required.
- Prepare project specific single line diagram, electrical design & interface drawings; schematics for control of power plant electrical and mechanical systems.
- Provide design inputs to customers, Architect Engineers, or internal customers.
- Ensure design complies with local codes and customer specifications.
- Support installation and commissioning teams from the office and on project site as required.
- Develop generator protective schemes and relay settings.
New unit design and new supplier qualification responsibilities include:
- Develop China baseline on electrical system based on SIEMENS reference design to comply with China Code &Standard and China customer requirement. Even to make the detailed design on Lv-switchgear as needed.
- Develop and qualify China suppliers per SIEMENS process with Procurement department together to support both China market and Global market.
Proposal engineering for Sales& Proposal support include:
- Participate in workshops with design institutes, as required
- Review and comment to customer specifications in support of sales and marketing organizations.
- Prepare proposal technical documents for the electrical scope using the reference design as the Base.
- Prepare bid documents
- Participate in customer negotiation meetings in China.
- Work in a cross-functional team with procurement, quality engineering, and global engineering for new supplier qualification in China.
- Coordinate electrical engineering activities and interfaces with internal & external engineering disciplines, procurement department, sales locally and globally.
- Support local service group, as required.
- Work with external contractors, as required.
- Participate in Design Reviews to validate proposed system design meets all project requirements.
- Ability to travel in China 20 %.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or master degree in Electrical engineering with emphasis on power systems is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in power plant engineering; the design and analysis of power systems and application of the industry codes and standards, as well as local certification and China code requirements.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Self-motivated with strong customer focus
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- strong emphasis on quality of work and Siemens values
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese and to interface with in a wide range of organizations both internally and externally.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. Please find more information at: http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
Requisition ID: 296028
Organization: Power and Gas
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only