Cloud and IoT Business Developer
Job ID: 298048
Work location: Zug
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
With its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, Siemens Division Building Technologies is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructures. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we help to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier and offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
The worldwide market for building-related cloud and IoT applications and services is growing fast and offers many business opportunities. As one of the major building automation players, at Siemens Building Technologies we aim to achieve a leading position in these future digital market segments, combining our strong hardware expertise with state-of-the-art IoT technology and software apps and services. Our global headquarters for digital products is located in Zug, Switzerland with hubs in the USA, India and other parts of the world. We have created a team of brilliant digital thinkers, software developers and specialists in Building Technologies to lead digitalization in our industry. We believe in small, fast-moving teams and agile processes to gain immediate impact on the market. It goes without saying that our global HQ works in close collaboration with our global sales to move the overall organization towards digitalization – with business development and sales being one of the most essential ingredients to attain success. We are looking for an entrepreneurial thinking and refreshing business developer with a digital mindset and relevant experience in both CxO and technical sales.
Your job – challenging
Business development, trends and technology
- Creating business impact in the areas of Cloud and IoT-based software applications and services, both directly via OEM accounts and enabling regional area sales
- Selling to OEM accounts requires identification, collaboration and deal closure with major customer opportunities worldwide, jointly with regional management. OEM account sales require a good balance between CxO level selling skills and intense technical support of customers’ operational teams along the entire customer journey
- Enablement of regional sales requires change management and intense operational support to create a nucleus for digital sales activities in the regions
In-depth collaboration with Product Management is required to provide customer and market requirements and support feedback in shaping our organization’s future roadmap
Entrepreneurial and agile
- Contribute to a strong team of business development, sales, product managers and R&D experts in a complex environment with many stakeholders
- Act like an entrepreneur, be proactive in daily business, improve and move things
- Focus on “learning by doing” versus tedious analysis
- Work within and further foster an agile environment
- Act like an ambassador for our Cloud and IoT topics, present ideas to stakeholders, influence and optimize existing ways of working together
- The team acts as the vital link between technological innovations and commercial success. Work on current ideas for presentation to stakeholders, exert influence and bring people together
- High level of management exposure, your work contributes to the stakeholders’ satisfaction
- Business travel to Europe, Asia and North America to provide you customer and market proximity
Your qualifications –
sound and appropriate
- A Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
- Experience in CxO and technology sales is a must, as it is the core of the job
- You are a digital native. An affinity for new Internet and Cloud business models and technologies is clearly visible on your CV. Ideally you have already worked in a corporate or professional start-up environment
- Your strong entrepreneurial drive always leads you to strive for the best outcome, take risks and manage your scope of responsibility proactively, you are a self-reliant person
- Your willingness to go the extra mile makes you stand out. You want to attain achievements in the future without losing your human touch
- Strong communication skills for addressing different levels. Ability to withstand pressure. A winning personality able to collaborate effectively in global teams and exercise influence on intercultural environments
- Business fluent English is mandatory, any other language is welcome to gain faster access to local markets
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a diverse range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including a CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 298048 at: Alexis Stavrianidis, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs, any applications sent via mail will not be considered.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity enriches our company and provides us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Requisition ID: 298048
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only